French Toast Ingredients by Ricky Lauren – Ralph Lauren’s Wife
• 6 Large Eggs
• 3 Cups milk
• 2 Teaspoons Vanilla extract
• 1 Pinch of Salt
• 12 Slices (1-inch thick) of day-old bread, cut diagonally
• Unsalted butter
• Safflower or Canola oil
• Cinnamon sugar or confectioner’s sugar
• Syrup, Jam or honey
French Toast Instructions by Ricky Lauren – Ralph Lauren’s Wife
• Preheat the oven to 250°F
• Beat the eggs, milk vanilla and salt together in a large bowl until cream colored. Pour into a shallow dish. Dip the bread in the mixture, one slice at a time until soaked.
• Sweep a stick of butter around the inside of a hot, oiled skillet. Fry the bread in batches over medium heat until golden brown, turning once, about 3 – 4 minutes on each side.
• Remove to a baking sheet in the oven to keep warm until the all the slices are cooked.
• Serve sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and syrup.
Discover more mouthwatering recipes at Ralph Lauren’s #RLatHome